Orange-Mango Butter

Julie and I are out on our annual Christmas Power Shopping excursion. This year, we decided to "get a room" (actually, I had enough frequent-stay points to get a free hotel for two nights). We chose an extended-stay hotel with a full kitchen in the room so I could prepare a dilChef breakfast for us before heading out on our shopping trip.

I brought a few ingredients and spices with us, and we stopped by the store to pick up our remaining ingredients, but as I served breakfast on Day One, I realized I was missing an essential element. We needed some kind of spread for our toast. So, utilizing the ingredients at hand, I improvised a delicious recipe that is worthy of a repeat performance!

ORANGE-MANGO BUTTER

1/2 seedless orange, peeled, ribs and membranes removed
1t orange zest
1/8C orange-mango juice
1/4C sugar
1/4 cinnamon stick, crumbled
4-5 whole cloves
1T butter

Place orange, orange zest, orange-mango juice, cinnamon and cloves in a small saucepan. Sautee over medium heat, using a fork to break down the orange pieces. Once the oranges are broken down and the mixture is a reasonable consistency, add the sugar and butter. Reduce over medium heat until the mixture is a thick, gelatinous consistency. Chill before serving. Enjoy the food!

Comments